Today I've got some exciting news for you!
You know how I like to keep you in the loop with some of the most exciting things going on in the health and fitness world? Well I've just received some really *Hot* news from good friends of mine - Marcus, Sara & Timothy over at Fatburn-Secrets.com
They've just informed me that they will be hosting a Secret Halloween Health & Fitness Giveaway. They're only inviting the Top Authorities in the Health and Fitness Niche and their Newsletter Subscribers!
You will soon be able to get your hands on some excellent Audio courses, eBooks & Reports about Fat Loss, Smoothies, Chinese exercises, Organic Eating, Stress relief, Skin care etc. etc. absolutely free...not to mention my free eBook, "The Gym Equipment Handbook." The info in my book can save you hours of wasted time in the gym, ensuring you get better results in less time!
When I have more news I'll let you know. So keep an eye out for my next email (coming in a few days) which should have some more info on the Whereabouts and Dates of this Secret Giveaway.
ARE YOU GETTING
If you are really concerned about contracting the flu, I have some really good news for you. Here’s the real scoop on that poop.
A FLU SHOT THIS YEAR?
That whole swine flu scare last year ended up being a bunch of BS. When the swine flu first emerged, World Health Organization officials estimated that between 2 and 7.4 million could die. The panic that ensued mounted worldwide vaccination programs while government agencies prepared for disaster.
But as the world now knows, swine flu was actually relatively harmless … and the deadly “pandemic” never emerged. In fact, the flu season last year was even milder than typical flu seasons of the past. As it turns out, those who suspected a greed- and money-driven conspiracy was at play may have been right all along.
Here we are facing another flu season, and I just can’t help myself...I have to shout, “Don’t do it! Don’t get the worthless vaccine!” But you know what? I just watched a video that says it way better than I can. So, instead of ranting, I will post the video and I hope you take the time to watch it. It is very interesting and eye-opening.
Watch it and learn!
For some more REAL facts on the flu and the flu vaccine, go to mercola.com and for some immediate tips on how to stay healthy throughout the flu season or any season for that matter, here are five winning tips that will have no bad side effects, such as neurological damage or anything else, unlike the effects of the flu vaccine.
1) Cut back on sugar intake and processed foods. That’s right…sugar decreases the function of your immune system almost immediately, and as you likely know, a strong immune system is a crucial key to keeping you healthy. Be aware that sugar is present in foods you may not suspect, like ketchup and fruit juice.
2) Poppies…poppies will make them sleep! Just like it becomes harder for you to get your daily tasks done when you're tired, if your body is overly fatigued, your immune system could be functioning less than optimally. You’ve got to get your shuteye!
3) Stress…what stress? We all face some stress every day, but excess stress could have serious adverse effects on your immune system. Find healthy ways to deal with your stress like meditate, pray, read, exercise, listen to your favorite music, sing, play, dance, get a hobby, etc.
4) Move your butt! A comprehensive exercise program is one of the BEST strategies to improve your immune response. When you exercise, you increase your circulation and your blood flow throughout your body. Your immune system has a better chance of performing at its best. I’ve written extensively about this on my website at straightforwardfitness.com.
5) Just do this! Washing your hands is key to helping your immune system to function at its best. Be sure you don't use antibacterial soap for this -- antibacterial soaps are completely unnecessary, and they cause far more harm than good. Instead, identify a simple chemical-free soap that you can switch your family to.
6) Think about what you put in your mouth! Eat a balanced and healthy diet that consists of your desired amount of carbs, proteins, and fats according to your daily intake of caloric needs as per your desired goals. It’s a personal and very individual endeavor. No excuses anymore…you can go to a plethora of websites that will help you figure out your particular numbers. My favorite is freedieting.com. Just remember to eat plenty of green food, lean protein, low-fat dairy, and healthy fat.
All these tips simply help you to support a healthy immune system. This is called a proactive approach. Take care of your body and it will take care of you. Waiting until you have damaged your body temple so far beyond recognition through poor lifestyle habits and then taking pills trying to fix it is the worst thing you can do. Unfortunately, this has become the norm.
Join me…please…in following these simple tips in taking a healthy and loving, proactive approach to utilizing the awesome gift of your very unique body, the vessel you’ve been blessed with in order to experience the most profound gift ever given…the physical experience of living a life of joy through creating your own reality on planet earth as only you can. Sickness is the consequence of any other choice. You do the math.
EXERCISE OF THE MONTH
This is the part of the newsletter where I picture an exercise and give explicit instructions on its proper execution.
Try this twist on a basic dumbbell chest press! This exercise is probably already a staple in your routine but by adding this turn you'll get a much better burn! So let's brush up on that form, shall we?
Modified Dumbbell Chest Press
Primary Muscle Group Worked: Chest.
Secondary Muscle Groups Worked in this Exercise: Shoulders and Triceps.
NOTE: These may be done flat, incline, or decline.
To see a video of this exercise go to:
Modified DB Chest Press at my youtube channel.
Preparation: Place an adjustable bench in the desired position. Hold the dumbbells just above shoulder height at a slight angle, keeping the weight distributed in a straight line directly above the elbows as shown in picture. Optional: You may bring feet up on the bench to help protect your lower back.
Execution: Exhale as you slowly straighten the arms to a soft lock position (almost straight), pressing the weight up to touch at the top. Slightly turn the dumbbells inward as you drive the weights up, utilizing the chest muscles as shown. Reverse this arching motion on the way back down and repeat for desired amount of reps. Tip: Exhale as you press the weight up and keep the wrists as straight as possible. Begin to turn the knuckles inward as you drive the weight up.
HEREIN LIES THE CHALLENGE: Go slow. Do Not Rush This. Try to use the chest muscles instead of the arms to turn the dumbbells as shown in video. This is tricky, so focus and remember practice makes perfect.
THE PONDER POND
Okay, peeps! This is the inspirational part of the newsletter known as the "Ponder Pond" where you're welcome to take a swim in the sweet waters of inspiration.
I found this video to be chocked full of good advice and the song just made me feel good. It's called,
"Twenty Words to Change Your Life."
I hope you enjoy it.
Well, that's about it for this time! I hope you enjoyed this month's newsletter and until the next issue, may the wind be at your back and improved health and vitality your new reality!
If you enjoyed this newsletter, please feel free to pay it forward to anyone you think would like it too. That is the best compliment you could ever pay me, and I appreciate it very, very much.
And don't forget to tell everybody about
where they can get all the free fitness info their heart desires and sign up for this newsletter while they are there.
From my heart to your health,
Linda Burke, CPT
Buy The Now What? Fitness Series Books Here!
Please go to
to purchase any version your little ole' heart desires.
To Get a Free Copy of The Gym Equipment Handbook
and Much, Much More...Simply Click on the "Click Here" Button Above or Click on My Book Below and Enjoy All the Free Gifts on That Page That You Want!
Sign Up Below For Your Free Monthly Newsletter, The Straightforward Fitness Flash!